Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Mistick collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign up to our newsletter, purchase a product or service, or take part in a competition.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving
How is your personal data collected?
We collect your data through direct interactions which include when you:
(a) apply for purchase a product;
(b) contact our team over email or using our contact form
(c) request marketing to be sent to you
(d) make a telephone call to us and leave a message or request a call back
(e) enter a competition, promotion or survey
(f) react to marketing posts on our social media forums (including but not limited to our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram pages); or
(g) give us some feedback
How we use your personal data?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- Where we have your consent to do so
- Purposes for which we will use your personal data:
- We have set out below, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
- Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please see paragraph 10 if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out below.
We use your information to:
- Register you as a new customer
- Process and deliver your order
- Manage our relationship with you which will include:
o Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
- Legal Bases (a) Performance of a contract with you; (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation; (c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
- Enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey
o Legal Bases (a) Performance of a contract with you; (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/ services, to develop them and grow our business)
- Administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
o Legal Bases (a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise); (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
- Deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
o Legal Basis (a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/ services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
- Use data analytics to improve our website, products/ services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
o Legal Basis (a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and inform our marketing strategy)
- Make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you Legal Basis (a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/ services and grow our business)
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We have established the following personal data control mechanisms:
Special offers and promotions from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we will send you marketing communications by way of email, SMS or post if you have:Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we will send you marketing communications by way of email, SMS or post if you have:
- requested information from us; or
- purchased goods or services from us; or
- provided us with your details when you entered a competition; or
- registered for a promotion; and in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside of Mistick for marketing purposes.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences or by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you via email or SMS. If you would like to opt-out of receiving communications, please email email@example.com
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact our DPO.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with third parties for the purposes described in paragraph 4 above.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes. We will continue communicating to you whilst you engage with our services and make purchases from us.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Request erasure below for further information. If you wish to have your data deleted, or have any questions regarding our data retention, please contact our DPO. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Please click on the links below to find out more about these rights:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact the DPO for Subject Access Rights.
No fee usually required:
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you:
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond:
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.